Nulled WordPress Themes as well as plugins are the number 1 reason why WordPress Websites are infected with Malware and Hacked.
In this article, I’ll review the best possible ways to tell if a WordPress Theme is nulled.
What is a Nulled WordPress Theme?
A Nulled WordPress Theme is a Paid WordPress Theme whose code has been altered in a way that other users no longer need to purchase a regular license for the theme.
While this might sound good for you Publishers who don’t want to spend money on a Theme, believe me, it isn’t.
You would understand this better if you read my article on Why you Should Avoid Nulled WordPress Plugins and Themes.
How to Detect Nulled WordPress Themes
For Starters, Themeforest is the best source of premium WordPress Themes as well as plugins, downloading premium themes for free from other websites Is very risky as your site might get infected or even hacked.
Let’s say you downloaded a WordPress Theme from Theme Reseller Websites that you trust then the WordPress Theme is nulled if you notice or experience any or all of the following:
- You don’t need to enter any purchase code to use the Theme.
- You don’t Receive New Updates.
- The Theme might crash if you update its Core Plugin(s).
- You won’t see the Original Theme Developer’s page.
- You can’t import Demo Pages.
Once you install a Premium theme and the theme kind of like starts working without asking you to enter a valid License code, then the Theme is 99% likely to be nulled, the other 1% is if you downloaded the theme from the WordPress Repository.
Nulled Themes are themes that have their codes altered and since you don’t have a valid purchase code, you won’t be able to receive the latest updates from the Theme’s Developer this is very risky because dormant themes can get infected if you don’t update them to the latest version.
Some Nulled Themes have their codes altered to the extent that they’ll only work with a certain version of their Core Plugin, so when you update the core plugin, you might update the database and code which will lead to conflict and your site crashing.
In the bid to advertise their illegal nulled Themes directory website, some professional hackers ls who null WordPress Themes change the name of the developer to their Website name or URL for the sake of advertisement.
The beauty of newly made Premium WordPress Themes these days is that they require a Valid Purchase Code for Demo Import to start.
While this is great, hackers can still get around it but if demo import doesn’t seem to always work even when your hosting settings have the Theme’s optimal configuration, then it’s a nulled WordPress Theme.
If you found this content helpful, give back by sharing it with others, and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have any questions or want to make inquiries.