Every Ezoic Publisher knows about the Ezoic Chrome Extension but the majority don’t know how it works, its benefits, and how to use it effectively.
If you’re new to Ezoic and have little knowledge about the Ezoic Chrome Extension, you are definitely in luck because after reading this article, you’ll learn everything there is to know about it.
The fact that you want to learn more about the Ezoic Chrome Extension probably means that your site is yet to be approved because you’re required to create placeholders before getting reviewed by Ezoic’s Specialist Team and Ad Manager.
What is the Ezoic Chrome Extension?
For Starters, you probably worked with a Chrome Extension before, it’s kind of like a WordPress Plugin but for Chrome.
With the Ezoic Chrome extension, you can get some of Ezoic’s features and edit your site directly without having to log in to your Ezoic Dashboard.
There are features that you’re recommended to do on your Site’s front, features like creating Ad Placeholders and a few others.
Like every other Chrome Extension, it’s available in the Official Google Chrome Extension directory and free to download.
But before you can use the Ezoic Chrome Extension to edit your site, you need to log out of your website, probably because your site may load some scripts when you’re logged in as an admin but won’t do the same if you’re logged out.
Of course, you’ll be able to connect your Ezoic account to the Chrome Extension so it’ll know that it’s you even after you logged out of WordPress.
Features and Benefits of the Ezoic Chrome Extension
Let’s take a look at some of the things you can do with the Ezoic Chrome Extension and why you should start using it:
- With the Ezoic Chrome Extension, you can create Ad Placeholders wherever you want on your site (Banner Ads, Native ads, text ads).
- If you uploaded a video to Humix, you can use the Ezoic Chrome Extension to create a Video Placeholder that’ll display your video to your website visitors.
- You can use the Ezoic Placeholder’s leap menu to see which plugins are slowing down your site and why.
- The Ezoic Chrome Extension enables you to edit automatically generated placeholders (created using the Ezoic WordPress Plugin).
Well, these features listed above are all that I use the Ezoic Chrome Extension for on my website, it honestly makes the work a whole lot easier.
How to Create Placeholders using the Ezoic Chrome Extension
If you want to create placeholders using the Ezoic Chrome Extension, the first step you need to take is to log out of your WordPress Website, then reload the page where you want to create placeholders for.
Click on the Google Chrome extensions button right at the top right corner of the URL bar, then click on the Ezoic Chrome Extension, then click on Activate Placeholders.
Your page should reload and existing placeholders will start to show.
To Create new placeholders you have to:
- Click on the Create Button and select the size (banner size and also native ad size). Leaving it at Automatically Detect will display the best size for your selected Ad spot.
- You should now click on the exact spot you want the ad to appear. This can be anywhere on your page including Top of the Page, Under The Featured Image, In-between Paragraphs or Sidebar.
- Once you’ve successfully inserted the placeholder, a popup will appear and you’ll be prompted to set the whether ther ad should appear before or after the element. Then Click on Insert Here and customuze your ad like choosing where the ad will appear on the page, on devices where you want the ad to appear, etc.
Are ads Not Displaying after Adding Placeholders using the Ezoic Chrome Extension?
Most times publishers complain that Ezoic ads aren’t showing up on their site after they’ve created and added ad placeholders to their website but you should know that after you get an Email that Ezoic has approved your site, ads won’t start showing up immediately.
Your site needs to be reviewed and approved by Google before ads will start appearing and your dashboard becomes fully ready.
For New websites, Google Ad Manager typically takes 2 weeks on the dot to be done with the review simply because your site is new and gets little traffic.
New Publishers often get frustrated during this process because Google won’t tell you why they didn’t approve your site and once you reapply again, it’ll take another 2 weeks for you to receive another rejection… I was a victim, so I know how it feels…
However, I managed to fix it after a couple of months, the Ezoic Access Now support wasn’t that helpful though.
Another Reason why ads may not be displaying might be because you have a cache plugin enabled.
Once your site has been approved by Ezoic and Google Manager, you get access to Ezoic’s speed optimization features including Leap and the Caching app, any Cache or File optimization plugin on your site is just going to break things.
Deactivate and delete any Cache Plugin you have on your site, then clear your Browser’s Cache or visit your site incognito, the ads should start to appear.
Every Ezoic Publisher should be using the Ezoic Ad Tester Chrome Extension, I don’t need to mention why because you’ve read the benefits paragraphs ago.
However, here are more Ezoic Related Articles that you will find interesting:
- Ezoic WordPress Plugin Benefits
- Ezoic Requirements for Publishers
- Google AdSense vs Ezoic: Which one should you go for as a beginner?
- Ezoic vs Adsterra
If this content is helpful, give back by sharing it with others… I appreciate and don’t forget to leave a comment.