If you want to find out if you can run WordPress on Windows Server, then this article is for you…
As you may know by now, WordPress requires a dynamic script processor otherwise known as PHP, a web server, and an active database to work. So, here’s the answer to your question ‘can WordPress run on a windows server?’
It is very possible to host or run WordPress on a Windows Server because WordPress is fully Compatible with Microsoft’s Internet Information Server (IIS) and as I said earlier, WordPress requires PHP and MySQL so you can host it on a Windows Server that has PHP and MySQL support.
If you wish to install WordPress on a Windows Server, the easiest way to do so is to download it from the Windows Web App Gallery.
However, you should note that running WordPress on a Windows Server will come with set trade-offs which may include:
- There isn’t enough support because many Plugin and Theme developers Don’t work in the Windows environment.
- Some WordPress Plugins are designed to work in only non-windows environments.
- Most WordPress Tutorials are written for sites hosted in a non-windows environment.
If you’d love a Tutorial on how to install WordPress on a Windows Server or how to Install WordPress Locally on your Computer, then you’re in luck. Here are the links:
- How to Install WordPress on Windows Server.
- How to Install WordPress Locally on your Computer Easily.
Have anything to add or any questions to ask about what I’ve talked about in this article? Feel free to use the comments which you’ll find by scrolling down a bit.