Do you face Upside down or Flipped Images issues on your WordPress Website and wish to fix it?
Well, in this article, you’re gonna learn how to fix your WordPress Images natively, the flipped or Upside down image(s) from the gallery or WordPress Media Library and also the auto-pilot method.
Flipped Images or what some may refer to as Upside Down images are images with orientation issues, they only need a nice little rotation to fix.
The Upside Down images issue often occurs when you take pictures with your smartphone and upload them to WordPress.
Fixing Upside Down Images Easily
To fix Upside Down images on your WordPress Website manually, you have to follow the following steps:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Media > Library from the left navigation menu.
- Locate the media with the orientation problem.
- Click on the Edit Image button below the image.
- On the next page, use the rotate button to match the image’s proper orientation.
- Remember to Save and Update the image so your orientation issues will be fixed.
With that, you’ve managed to fix the flipped image issue on your WordPress Website with ease, the downside is that you have to do this for all images, so to save time, try taking pictures with a good camera not your phone (see Sony ZV-1).
If you decide to use the Edit Image button, you’ll be wasting valuable time, instead, you should learn how to do this automatically.
If you do want to fix Upside Down images automatically, you can use the Fixed Image Rotation Plugin. A plugin that looks at your image’s orientation value added by your smartphone and then rotates upside-down images if needed.
To get started, simply head over to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New, then search for the Fixed Image Rotation Plugin. Install and Activate the plugin and you should be good to go, no settings are needed and it works automatically.
I hope that with this article, you have a better understanding of how to fix Upside-down images in WordPress easily.
There are a couple of great WordPress Articles on this website that I’m sure you’d love to read:
- How to Backup WordPress Site Manually.
- How to Speed up WordPress Website.
- How to Install a WordPress Theme.
If you have any questions on how to fix Upside Down images in WordPress, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.