In this article, I’ll teach you how to get your YouTube Channel link and your custom URL, without taking your time.
First time on this website? ebukaval.com publishes blogging tutorials (mostly WordPress), YouTube tutorials and how to make money online articles.
How to Get YouTube Channel link on mobile
Once you’ve successfully created your YouTube Channel, you can easily get your YouTube Channel link in few easy steps.
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile phone
- Click on your profile picture at the right hand corner of your screen
- Then Click on ‘Your Channel’, you’ll then be redirected to YouTube Channel profile page
- There are a few menus you can see, just scroll to the right and click on the about tab.
- You’ll see your YouTube Channel description, your YouTube Channel Link and the date you joined YouTube.
- Your link is of the format youtube.com/channel/UDUZHHZ9jIKrLroW8LcyJEQQ, click on it and copy to your clipboard.
You’ve successfully gotten your YouTube Channel URL, but it’s too long with random alphabets.
This makes it impossible for you to memorize, here’s what you should do.
- Copy your Channel link with the steps I gave you
- Open PlayStore on your phone and download the Bit.ly app
- Sign up or Log in as the case may be
- Shorten your YouTube Channel URL in a format you’ll remember – for example bit.ly/ChannelnameYT
Remember that Bit.ly links are case sensitive!
How to Get YouTube Channel Link on PC or Desktop
Getting your YT Channel link on PC or desktop is generally much easier than people think.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open Youtube.com and Sign In.
- Once you’re successfully logged in, click on your profile Image at the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click on ‘Your Channel’
- Once the page is fully loaded, your Channel link is simply the URL of the page you’re on.
Getting YouTube Channel Custom URL
According to YouTube, your channel can have more than one URL pointing to your channel’s homepage.
This is where the YouTube Custom URL sets in.
Sadly, your channel needs to attain some standards before it can be eligible for a custom URL, here are the eligibility requirements.
- Your Channel must have at least 100 subscribers.
- You must upload a Channel Profile Image and banner.
- Channel must be older than a month.
This YouTube Custom URL is just like a shortened version of your original channel URL and it comes with a lot of advantages, some of which are listed below
- The Custom URL is easier to remember.
- You can edit it to suit your brand.
- The custom URL is usually in the format ‘youtube.com/c/customurl/’, you can now remove the ‘c’ to make the link shorter.
Let’s say your Channel is now eligible to get a Customized URL, below are the steps to get yours.
- Open YouTube Studio.
- On the Left menu, click on Customization
- Then Click on Basic Info
- You’ll then be able to edit customize your YouTube Channel Custom URL.
I hope you got all the information you were looking for in this article. If Yes? then i guess my job is done.
If not? scroll down and leave a comment and I’ll get to you in less than an hour.
Thanks for Reading